What is CongressCamp?
CongressCamp is an unconference focused on the “Congress” side of Gov 2.0 and how web-based social and collaboration technologies are being used, or could be used, to transform engagement with the public. CongressCamp is an open invitation to everyone working in this space so that you may learn from each other. Unconferences are less structured than a typical conference and feature user-led participatory workshops and break-out sessions that will be defined collaboratively at the start of each day.
Sound crazy? You’ll find it incredibly powerful for getting answers to the tough questions that you’ve been wrestling with. The reality is that this field is so new that if you’re working in it, you ARE an expert. So come and share your knowledge, learn from your peers, and help build a better future!!
- When: September 12 – 13, 2009 with an Ignite session on Capitol Hill September 11
- Where: The George Washington University, 805 21st St NW, Washington, DC 20052
- Who: Congressional staffers, tech and social media entrepreneurs, advocacy leaders, interested citizens
- RSVP or Sponsor at http://congresscamp.eventbrite.com/
How to participate
- Attendance is free, although you are required to participate! RSVP early – it’s going to fill up.
- Sponsorships keep CongressCamp free, and you get public recognition both on the website and during the event as a supporter of a brighter future!
- Promote the event!! Help us get the word out about CongressCamp. Blog, email your friends, post to Facebook and tweet about CongressCamp (with hashtag #CongCamp) to ensure all those interested are aware of the event.
- Volunteers are both welcome and needed to help pull off a great event.